Quartz Worktops: The Details
Firstly, what is Quartz stone?
- Quartz is a composite material which is 93% Quartz, 7% polyester resin and pigment.
What are Quartz worktop stones?
- Quartz worktops have the advantage of being non-porous as it's polished surface doesn't need to be sealed. The quartz worktop can resist stains from the likes of fruit juice, wine, food colouring, tea and markers, which makes it ultimately maintenance free. Due to the worktop being non-porous it means that it's very hygienic as no bacteria is harboured within the material, allowing for a quick and easy wipe down without fear of excess bacteria.
The benefits of a Quartz worktop:
- Germ-proof As no bacteria can penetrate the surface it makes it one of the most hygienic options for food handling in the market. Allowing for a simple wipe down means maintenance is easy and quick.
- Colour & Pattern samples Due to the large number of colours available it means you have a wide range of options to choose from, giving you all the freedom you need to ultimately decide the final colour of the entire kitchen. Another benefit from the colour & patterns for a quartz worktop is that the patterns are always uniform ensuring the worktop doesn't look out of place when it goes into the kitchen.
- Anti-Scratch Due to it's strong surface hardness (7 MOH approx.) the worktop can resist scratches and abrasions.
- Anti-Depigment As the quartz material is produced in a high vacuum pressure the main raw material, mineral pigment, becomes closely colour-fast.
- Anti-Penetration The water absorption rate is only 0.003% which far exceeds the anti-absorption rate, this is due to the composite material and ultra fine quartz powder within the worktop itself.
- Anti-Burn Quartz worktops have a very high melting point, as high as 1300 degrees.
- Anti-Corrosive Quartz worktops have strong characteristics of acid & alkali resistance.
Quartz material doesn't have to be used for just worktops they can also be used like natural stones across the home such as bathrooms, internal cladding, vanity tops, furnishings, flooring & commercial complexes.
I will mention that I originally got the thought for this article speaking to Brenda over at BounceEvents. Thank you for that. I suppose you will find ideas in unanticipated ways.
http://danielamaltauro.com - Very nice web site.
http://www.luxurymavins.com - Thanks a lot for the proofread. I am just the most horrible speller 🙂
http://meadowlandsortho.com - Glad I ran across these guys.
http://calitso.com/ - You come through every time. You are incredible! Hey everyone, check these people out!
Posted in Home Improvement Post Date 12/30/2014